7 Reasons Why you Should get a Cat
Do you know how many people own a cat in the USA?
31,896,077. Cats have a reputation for being moody and disloyal but if you ask any cat owner they will always tell you that those beliefs are wrong. Have you ever asked yourself why?
Here are 7 reasons that will make you understand everything!
- Cats are affectionate: Yes you read that right. Cats are affectionate. It's true, cats are very independent and love to stay on their own but they also love to play and they LOVE cuddles. Queen her self, is sitting on my lap while writing this. Cats are very often misunderstood because they don't have as many facial muscles as dogs. However, if you pay attention to their body language and tail, cats can be very easy to understand.
- They are low maintenance: Cats are extremely independent, they are less needy than dogs. So if you work most of the day, you don't have to feel guilty about leaving them alone all day. The only thing they need is water, food and litter. Cats are not like dogs, while a dog needs to be amused by it's owner, cats find ways to amuse themselves, with simple things like boxes or bottles. But remember, when cats have their basic needs, they are more likely to seek out companionship so because they are indipendent does not mean that they don't need cuddles. Maybe just a little less than dogs but they still need to feel loved!
- They are funny: I could watch Queen and Twinkie play all day. Cats are strange and mysterious. They look into the nothingness, they meow for no apparent reason, they hunt imaginary prey and although they are very good with their balance very often you see them struggle an fall on the flour for no reason at all.
- Cats are clean animals: Dog owners may struggle with keeping their dog from rolling in smelly stuff or digging in the garbage. Dogs require constant cleaning but cats, are totally different. Cats are always grooming themself. They know when it's time to clean themself and they do it with no hesitation.
- They are apartment friendly: If you live in an apartment building, it's more likely to allow cats than dogs. Simply because they are less noisy and they take up less space compared to dogs.
- Cats are easily potty trained: Most cats don't require training because if they see a letter box, it's a natural instinct for them to go do their business there as they naturally do it in sand or soil. Kittens learn by watching the mother so if you want to get a kitty it's very possible that it will be already trained by it's mother.
- Cats will keep rodents away: This reason might make you smile but it's true! Cats love to run after small things that move around very quickly. They are natural hunters. Your house will be free not only of rodents but also insects and any other small animal.
If you are still doubting about getting a cat, don't! Go to the closest cat pound and start giving it the life it deserves!